Liverpool currently stands second at the end of 11 Barclays Premier League games. Last time this happened was in 2008-09 season when Liverpool also finished second at the end of the season. Five interesting observations from Liverpool performance this year are as follows:
1. LUCKY PERIOD 36’-40’: Almost one-quarter of Liverpool’s goals are scored between 36’ to 40’ of the matches.
2. BOMBARDING FIRST HALF: Liverpool has scored 76.2% of their goals (21) in the first half of the matches.
3. SHAKY SECOND HALF: Liverpool conceded 70% of their goals (7 out of 10) in the second half of the matches.
4. DOMINATION AGAINST BOTTOM DWELLERS: 52% of goals are scored against the bottom four teams (Stoke City, Fulham, Sunderland and Crystal Palace) in the league currently.
5. VERY HIGH DEPENDENCE ON SAS: Apart from two penalties scored by Steven Gerrard, 84.2% of Liverpool goals have been scored by either Sturridge or Suarez.
- 5 Things We Have Learned About Liverpool This Season (footballfriendsonline.com)
- Are Liverpool Serious Title Contenders? 5 Things We Have Learned From Liverpool This Season (thekoptimes.com)