What is GREEN GRID?
Fixture Analyzer or Green Grid is an analysis done on the monthly fixtures of Premier League teams based on how difficult it is to accumulate points against their opponents, to score goals against their opponents and to defend goals against their opponents. In the Green Grid, the GREEN colored cells are the ones with (relatively) easy fixtures and the RED ones are the tough fixtures. More the number of GREEN cells for a team, easier the fixtures for the month will be.
Observations from Fixture Analyzer based on Opponent’s league points so far:
- Among the top 3 teams, Chelsea have the toughest task in terms of getting points in February. This puts Manchester City and Arsenal in an advantage to secure more points and gain lead with Chelsea.
- In the fight for Europa League spot, Southampton have favorable fixtures in February whereas Newcastle United have a tough month in the league. Everton, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United have fixtures with medium difficulty.
- Considering the first two scenarios, with a relatively easy fixture for Liverpool, we may expect Liverpool to stay in top four at the end of the month.
- Bottom Three Shake-up: We may expect a shake up in the bottom three positions as the current teams in relegation zone, West Ham, Fulham and Cardiff city, have easy fixtures than the ones (Crystal Palace, Stoke City and Sunderland) immediately above them.
How easy/difficult is it for the teams to be solid defensively?
- Defensive organization of Arsenal and Chelsea will be undergoing a lot of attack from the opponents. It will be difficult to concede less.
- Among the top 9 teams, Manchester City, Manchester United and Southampton face opponents who haven’t scored much in the league. Their defense players have an easier task at hand.
- Crystal Palace, Stoke City and Sunderland are the teams which will be thundered with goals by opponents in February.
How easy/difficult is it for the teams to score goals in January?
- Tottenham and Sunderland will face a tough time to score goals in February
- Chelsea and Newcastle United among the top 9 teams face teams which are very solid defensively. Their strike force will find it an uphill task to score against opponents.
- Southampton is the team in the top half with less resistance to score goals. After that, relatively Liverpool and Manchester City have lesser resistant forces from the opponents.
Share your views regarding the February fixtures of Barclays Premier League.
- Sun Dream Team – transfer window 3 – Teams with best fixtures (http://www.fantasyfootballgeek.co.uk/sun-dream-team-tw3-best-fixts/)
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES 11/1/14 (http://famouspeoplenews.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/english-premier-league-fixtures-11114/)
- London Derbies: Another Reason to Love the Premier League (http://goonerdaily.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/london-derbies-another-reason-to-love-the-premier-league/)